Monday, August 31, 2009

And so it begins.....

So to begin, I started by googling fashion photographers and grabbed the first image that caught my eye. I'm not really sure why this caught my eye. Probably because it was just a little bit different than the other 20 images that popped up.  It is an image by David LaChapelle.  I looked at some more of his more recent photos and came across this one:

The name of this one is Deluge by LaChapelle.  What I like about this one is how constructed it is as well as how beautifully crafted it is. I have been interested in constructed images for awhile now, and this one reminds me of Gregory Crewdson's work.

What I love about Crewson's photos is how incredibly layered they are.  Each and every object in the photo is intended to be there.  I can sit there and read one of his images for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment