Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2-10-10





Both of these artists are doing a collaborative show. The foundation of this project is to "deconstruct the language of media". I feel that this is a very powerful avenue to explore and I really wish I could see all of the work put into context.  I feel like I can't say much about the work without seeing the whole show put together.  I feel it is has a lot of potential to be incredibly influential. 



Manu Luksch


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW2ZLGQli00
http://www.manuluksch.com/

Manu Luksch is working with using Britain's CCTV as a medium for creating video works.  The link I posted is for a clip from the video Faceless that she did in 2006.  I think the idea of using images captured from existing government video is a genius idea, and the way she orchestrates her subject is brilliant.

John Perivolaris


http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_john2005/sets/72157602394301489/ 
http://www.johnperivolaris.com/index.htm

I love the irony of this photo.  He really captured the feeling of being watched, and also conveying the idea of watching back at the same time.  Formally its a beautiful photograph.  I also think that it is an easy to read photograph as well. Check out more on the flickr link I posted. He is also working with social identity so if you're interested in that check out his professional website that I have also linked.


My photos of the week

These are still all taken from my cell phone camera.



I love the mysteriousness of this one.  The silhouette of the person is very subtle.  I am also enjoying the crappy graininess of it too.


I was really surprised at how clear this came out. I'm still figuring out how good the sensor on my phone camera is.  I think this is a good representation on what winter driving in Colorado is like.


I'm adding this one to document how fast I was going in the snow day traffic.  (I probably shouldn't have been taking pictures while I was driving, but oh well :) )

With this one I was interested in how even a crappy cell phone can capture the mood of a setting.  There is not a lot of movement, everyone is just kind of sitting around at the bar.  I am surprisingly happy at how this camera captures silhouettes.





No comments:

Post a Comment