Monday, February 8, 2010

Feb. 3, 2010



Alright, so I didn't do so well at this last semester, so here goes another shot.  Im going to try a different layout that works for me. Im going to post the links of the shows that I am interested first and then talk about the works.  So here goes:

http://www.stroom.nl/activiteiten/tentoonstelling.php?t_id=259533

I went through and looked at many of the different artists showing at the Volta show, but this was the image that really stood out for me. I have always been a fan of night photography. I would think lighting an iceberg would be a very impressive feat.



I am really interested by the concept of Elahi's work.  According to the curators statement for the show, he was falsely accused of being involved in the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks.  Since then he has been documenting himself and his whereabouts.  Check out this website: http://trackingtransience.net/



I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is I like about Navid Nuur's work.  I think I mostly like what his concepts are based on.  I am still having a hard time matching his concepts to his actual work though.  Here are a few more links to some of his work: http://www.fridericianum-kassel.de/nuur.html?&L=1 and  http://www.dehallenhaarlem.nl/tentoonstellingen/verwacht.


My Photos

I have been toying with the idea of doing a project using only my cell phone camera lately, so here are just a few photos I have taken with it.  They are not the best quality and that's not something I'm used to working with, but I hope that in time I will be able to use it to my advantage.

This one was taken while I was listening to a 3 year old learning how to read.  I was fasciated at how much the pictures help her to understand and contextualize the words she was reading. 

 
This is the same girl reading the same book with her mom.  I just really love how the act of reading (understanding words) she is.  She looks so captivated :)



This photograph was used as a form of evidence that I was actually on time for work.... of course on the day my boss was out sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment